Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's so good

It's so good to have this blog. It's so nice to have a place that's all my own that I can write whatever I want and still have great support from my family and friends. Because, after all, my family members are some of my dearest friends. This blog is a good way for me to stay connected with myself and what I am facing. I really feel like this has been a big part of the success that I've had. It's fun to be able to look back and read what I've written. It's interesting to see where I've been, where I am, and where I hope to be going. I am the kind of person that just about always has a sunny attitude. I think that's just the way God made me. I'm generally pretty happy and really do try to see the good in just about every thing and every situation. I am so grateful for that attribute. I hope to strengthen that as I continue on in my life. I am wearing some clothes today that I WOULD NOT have been able to fit into 3 months ago. What a great feeling that is. I can't wait until these clothes are just too big (even though they are really cute! Thanks, Anna!) It was fun to talk to Cean tonight about the fact that I only have 5 more sets of 20 lbs to lose. When I look at it that way, it really doesn't seem like that much to lose. I can manage bits of 20. :) I guess I just want to tell everyone who reads my blog and who has ever commented on my page: THANK YOU!!! Thank you for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself whole heartedly. Thank you for loving me even with all my imperfections and downfalls. I love knowing that I always, always, always have a soft place to land with my family. I feel so blessed. One thing that I have absolutely LOVED about this process over the past few months is being able to read other peoples blogs. It's been very helpful and insightful for me to be able to read what you all have written. It's been a source of strength for me. The last couple of days I have been thinking about Doug's blog: To Act and Not to be Acted Upon. I love that! That is something that I still need a lot of work on, but I am trying to get there. This past month and a half has shown that I clearly have a lot of work left to do on mastering that. I also liked something that Jeff wrote earlier on the other blog. It was something to the effect that he loves being able to choose right now what his mindset will be. We do have the power to choose how we will feel. I think that there have been times that I have forgotten that altogether. I DO have the power to choose. So, thank you again to all of you. I know I didn't mention every one of you individually, but please know that I love and appreciate you so very much. You have brightened my world and helped me to be a better person. Not just in the past couple months, but always. I am eternally grateful for the blessing of my wonderful and loving family. Thank you. SF, you have commented on my page, and even though you are not my sister, I do appreciate your confidence in me so much. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Janie, you have accomplished great things during this contest period. You've lost a lot of weight in the process of becoming healthier, and you have gained lots of insights it sounds like. I'm proud of you! Love from Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am proud of you, Janie, for never giving up and for staying IN IT!! It'll be fun to see your progress pics! Love ya

    ReplyDelete